We Know the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in California
San Jose firm helps Bay Area victims of truck collisions
A loaded tractor-trailer rig can weigh as much as 40 tons. A large passenger car weighs two tons at most. As a result of that disparity, when a truck collides with a car, the consequences are catastrophic if not fatal.
At Needham Kepner & Fish LLP, our truck accident lawyers have more than 100 years of combined experience helping injury victims in Northern California. We know that an injury victim faces a long, tough road ahead, and we are prepared to stand by your side the whole way.
Experienced lawyers for truck crashes in San Jose
Our firm has represented many victims of truck-related accidents. Here are some common causes of the truck accidents we see:
- Fatigue: One of the leading causes of truck accidents is driver fatigue. For truck drivers, time is money. Therefore, many drivers force their bodies to keep on driving long past the point of exhaustion. This can lead to swerving and unpredictable driving behavior, which can cause a serious accident.
- Distraction: Cellphones, GPS devices, eating and using the radio are all examples of distractions that can divert a truck driver’s attention from the road and lead to a serious crash.
- Intoxication: Drugs and alcohol impair a driver’s judgment and reflexes. If you or someone you love is in an accident with an inebriated driver, seek help from an experienced injury attorney.
- Vehicle defects: Trucks are complex pieces of machinery, so there’s a lot that can go wrong. If tires, brakes or other components malfunction, the truck driver may lose control of the vehicle and cause a devastating accident.
- Reckless driving: Truck drivers should treat their fellow motorists with courtesy and respect. Yet some big-rig drivers tailgate, speed and perform unsafe lane changes, endangering the lives of everyone on the road.
Injury lawyers serve the San Jose, Sacramento and San Francisco areas
If you have been injured in a truck accident, we at Needham Kepner & Fish LLP have the experience and knowledge to help you win the compensation you deserve. If your condition prevents you from visiting our office, we will visit you at your home or hospital bed. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 1-408-956-6949 or use our online form. We handle injury cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.