Based in San Jose, California but serving clients throughout the Bay Area, Needham Kepner Fish & Rickard LLP is pleased to provide links to the following resources for people who have suffered injuries in a bicycle, automobile, trucking, or motorcycle accident, or are the victims of elder abuse, or who have lost a loved one due to the negligent or wrongful acts of another. For further resources or to speak with an experienced attorney regarding your personal injury or wrongful death case, contact Needham Kepner Fish & Rickard LLP.
California Court Resources
- California Courts
- California Court of Appeals
- California Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
- Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
California Government Resources
- State of California Official Website
- County of San Francisco
- County of Santa Clara (including San Jose)
- California Laws
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles registers vehicles in California, licenses drivers, and maintains driving records, including accidents and convictions of traffic violations.
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages more than 50,000 miles of California’s highway and freeway lanes and provides inter-city rail services.
- The California Environmental Protection Agency seeks to restore, protect and enhance the environment and ensure public health, environmental quality, and economic vitality.
Personal Injury Resources
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration directs the highway safety and consumer programs established by federal legislation.
- The National Safety Council saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads, through leadership, research, education, and advocacy.
- The Bureau of Transportation Studies at the United States Department of Transportation publishes safety information and research-based statistics on accidents.
- The Environmental Protection Agency provides useful information on a number of environmental hazards that can cause injury and illness.
- The United States Department of Transportation website contains a citizen service section, providing information on roads and bridges and vehicle safety.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides extensive regulations designed to reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission aims to protect the public from the risk of serious injury or death from unsafe consumer products and provides safety information on numerous household items.
Bicycle Accident Resources
- California Bicycle Laws
- Yield to Life is a non-profit organization providing safety tips and accident advice for bicyclists and motorcyclists.
Elder Abuse Resources
- The California Department on Aging website provides information for nursing home abuse victims, as well as information on the state ombudsman program.
- The U.S. Administration on Aging provides extensive information for elders and their families.
- Medicare has published a list of more than 100 of the worst nursing homes in the country, based on how they fared during government inspections.
- The National Center on Elder Abuse keeps statistics and provides information on recognizing and reporting elder abuse.
- The National Citizens’ Coalition for Nursing Home Reform provides advocacy and information regarding care and abuse in nursing homes.
- The California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform provides a nursing home guide, as well as other information on elder abuse.