Jeff Rickard, an Experienced Injury Attorney in San Jose
Serving the Sacramento and San Francisco areas
For more than 20 years, Jeff Rickard’s practice has been devoted to personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, insurance bad faith, mass tort and toxic exposure cases. While most of his professional career has been on the plaintiff’s side, Jeff was in-house counsel for a national insurance company for several years. In that position, Jeff defended insureds in more than 400 cases and gained an insider’s view of the defense approach to trial preparation, a perspective that he draws on in preparing plaintiffs’ cases for trial.
Jeff has served as an early neutral evaluator and arbitrator for the Santa Clara County Superior Court and as a private mediator. Jeff is a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Santa Clara County Bar Association, Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors) and Professional Member of the North American Brain Injury Society.
Jeff is a valued part of the team at the San Jose law firm of Needham Kepner & Fish. The Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association in 2008 named Jeff, along with a former colleague, Trial Lawyer of the Year for their work that resulted in a verdict in excess of $10 million. Jeff and another colleague received the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award in 2011 for exemplary work that resulted in a settlement of more than $6 million for a badly injured young man. In 2009, Jeff was a finalist for the Street Fighter of the Year Award from the Consumer Attorneys of California. Jeff is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, evidencing his reputation for integrity and professionalism. Jeff earned his B.S. from Oral Roberts University in 1979 and his Juris Doctor in 1985 from Santa Clara University School of Law.
- California, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- North American Brain Injury Society, professional member
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association, 2008 and 2011
- Santa Clara County Superior Court judge pro tem, early neutral evaluator and arbitrator, private mediator